17668 - TCF-Si Integrated Temperature Compensating Focuser, 2-inch motorized focuser. Fully compatible with the original robotic TCF-S Temperature Compensating Focuser, the TCF-Si features an integrated control circuit with RJ12 socket for connection to any control computer.
An 18-inch temperature probe can be attached directly to the telescope OTA to measure to current temperature and the integrated control circuit will compensate for the changing telescope focus. Optec's USB/Serial cable makes the connection to any control computer while the TCF-S Commander software and ASCOM driver allows any higher level ASCOM software client to provide auto-focus.
- Overall Height: 3.3" (84mm) to 3.9" (99mm)
- Focuser Travel: 0.6" (15.2mm)
- Focuser Midpoint: 3.6" (91.4mm)
- Total Step Travel: 7,000 steps
- Step Resolution: 2.2 microns
- Weight: 2.2 lb. (1.0 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 10-lbs. (4.5 kg)
- Telescope-side Mount: OPTEC-2400 dovetail
- Camera-Side Mount: 2-inch drawtube
- Control System: Integrated TCF-S compatible circuit
- Computer Control: TCF-S Commander and ASCOM driver
- TCF-Si Focuser
- Temperature Probe with thermal tape
- Optec USB/Serial cable
- 12VDC power supply and wall cord
Specially designed for any SCT telescope including Celestron and Meade. Compatible with any telescope with 84 to 99mm of available back-focus. See our selection of OPTEC-2400 telescope adapters for most applications. Custom adapters available upon request.
The TCF-S driver software is fully compatible with all ASCOM software packages including:
- Maxim D/L
- TheSky X (also compatible with native X2 drivers)
- any other Windows compatible ASCOM client.
Select any of our OPTEC-2400 2.4-inch dovetail telescope mounts for attachment to your telescope OTA.
Optional IN/OUT Remote Keypad, stock item 17680, allows manual push-button control while at the telescope. Ideal for visual use.
TCF-S focusers work with ASCOM, X2, and INDI software.