ON SALE: $495.00 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Use code "TCF" at checkout.
TCF-S, 2-inch Temperature Compensating Focuser.
Mechanically, the TCF-S is a robust Crayford style motorized focuser with high repeatability, no play and nearly zero backlash of only 0.0013 inch. Optec's implementation is ideal for applications which require exact focus such as CCD imaging or film astrophotography. A geared stepper motor rotates the drive shaft with one step rotation of the motor equal to a 0.000086 inch movement of the drawtube. The unit adds 3.5 inches to the telescope's back-focus as measured from the front to the end of the drawtube when at the mid-focus position. The total travel of the drawtube is 0.6 inches or 7000 steps. A pair of pushbuttons control the direction of focus and the DRO (digital read-out) displays the current position. The TCF-S focuser can easily handle cameras and instrument packages weighing up to 10 pounds. The TCF-S can be used by itself or with a PC for automatic focus with some of the popular camera control software.
- Weight Capacity: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) minimum
- Overall Height: 3.3" (83.8mm) fully IN to 3.9" (99mm) fully OUT
- Focuser Travel: 0.6" (15.2mm)
- Number of Steps: 7,000
- Step Resolution: 2.2 microns
- Weight: 2 lb. 8 oz. (1.1 kg)
- Clear Aperture: 2" (52.8mm)
- Back-focus Usage: 3.3" (83.8mm) to 3.9" (99mm)