For the imager who doesn't need the robotic capability of the Flip-Flat, the Flat-Man is now available. The Flat-Man uses the same technology as the Flip-Flat, but is manually placed on the OTA for flat field imaging. The only power you need is a USB cable, and our Windows software will light and control the brightness of the Flat-Man. Simply rotate your telescope until the dewshield is pointed straight up and place the Flat-Man centered on your scope.
The Flat-Man is an affordable means to achieve excellent flat fields. For dewshield OD's up to 7.625".
A simple Windows interface provides the ability to turn on the light source. The intensity of the light can be adjusted to one of 255 levels.
IMPORTANT: Note that the diameter of the fully illuminated lamp for each of the Flat-Man models is 6.7" or 170mm, regardless of the model purchased. The larger model includes an additional expansion ring to block stray light.
- Lamp Diffuser Diameter: 7.7" (195mm)
- Lamp Illumination Diameter: 6.7" (170mm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 1.35" x 3.15" x 4.2" (34 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: 12 oz. (0.34 kg)
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface
- Minimum OTA/dewshield OD: 4" (stock #19055)
- Maximum OTA/dewshield OD: 8.125" (stock #19056)
- Alnitak Software Compatiblity: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
- Alnitak Flat-Man
- USB cable
"Demystifiying Flat Fields"
Visit the Alnitak Downloads page for the latest Quick Start Guide, Alnitak Installation Manual and Software Reference Guide, and Serial Command List.