Optec's new DirectSync ACF focus motor is the perfect solution for both manual and automatic focusing on Meade's new "Reverse Crawford". Combined with Optec's FocusLynx Dual-Focuser controller system, DirectSync ACF allows imagers to quickly switch between manual dual-speed focusing or auto-focus using ASCOM tools such as FocusMax, Sequence Generator Pro, or @Focus3.
Meade's newest Advanced Coma-Free Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes (ACF SCT) offer some of the best views and imaging opportunities to the amateur astronomer. The DirectSync ACF is the perfect solution designed to motorize Meade's f/8 ACF telescopes with the dual-speed focuser.
Installation of the DirectSync ACF motor is easy to accomplish and requires removing the fine and coarse focus knobs. A replacement geared coarse focus knob is installed and easily adjusted. Meade's fine focus knob is re-used maintaining the smooth, 7:1 dual speed focuser motion. With DirectSync's unique clutch design, manual focus can be performed at the scope while motor engagement requires only a slight twist of the motor housing. A more elegant solution does not exist.
For more add on accessories including the FocusLynx Controller, Hand Controller, and WiFi see the FocusLynx Accessories.
- Meade LX850 f/ ACF 10", 12", 14, and 16" telescopes,
- Meade LX800 f/ ACF 10", 12", 14, and 16" telescopes,
- Meade LX600 f/8 ACF 10", 12", 14" and 16" telescopes,
- Any Meade OTA's with the dual-speed "Reverse Crawford" focuser.
- Motor Housing Width: 1.9" (48mm)
- Overall Length: 3.35" (85mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (150 g)
- Step Resolution: 1.1 micron per step
- Stepper Motor: Bi-polar NPM 15-ohm with 1:25 gearhead
- Connection to FocusLynx: Standard Ethernet cable (included)
- Temperature Probe: Integrated Digital Sensor type TMP04FT9Z
- Current Draw: Maximum draw approx. 350mA
FocusLynx controllers are usable with Alpaca, ASCOM, X2, and INDI software.