The Pyxis 3" Rotator is a larger and more powerful counterpart to the Pyxis 2", designed to hold large instrument packages without any flex or wobble. With a resolution of 0.01875 degrees per step, rotation of the central tube or derotation of long-exposure Alt-Az images will pose no problem to this instrument.
The Pyxis 3-inch has a full 3 inches of clear aperture and is designed to hold large instrument packages without flexure or wobble. A 6-inch bronze worm gear and stainless worm rotate the center tube with a resolution of 0.01875 degree per step from the stepper motor. The Pyxis 3" is compatible with the Optec Alt-Az derotation server allowing for full derotation support. Power requirements and other operating conditions are similar to the 2-inch Pyxis model.
- Clear Aperture: 3.0 inches (76.2mm)
- Back Focus Usage:
- AP2.7 - 1.97 inches (50mm)
- Optec 3000 - 2.40 inches (61mm)
- DSI 3.5x24tpi - 2.04 inches (52mm)
- Step Resolution: 128 steps/degree
- Power Consumption: 12VDC or 15VDC, <1A
- Connectivity: Serial
- Pyxis 3" with selected adapter
- USB Serial Cable
- Power Supply
- Variant: AP2.7
- SKU: 17746
- Weight: 4.5 lb
- Package Dimensions :
- Harmonized Code: 9005.80
- Product Type: Camera Rotator
- Brand: Optec, Inc.