This product is made to order based on OTA size. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Building on the success of the Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Flat, Optec has designed two new products: a robotic Dust Cover for larger OTA's in remote locations, and the Flip-Mask, remotely controlled Bahtinov Mask.
A number of our customers have asked that we offer the Remote Dust Cover as a simple solution for remote observatories in dusty environments. With this new device and proven Alnitak software, automated scripting programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim D/L can be configured to automatically open the telescope dust cover at the beginning of the evening and close it again in the morning.
- Dust Cover Diameter: Customer Request - 5" to 24" (12 cm to 60 cm),
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees,
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface,
- Alnitak Software Compatibility: Windows 7 and above.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
- Dust cover (user specified size)
- Motor Controller
- Cover arm
- OTA mount bracket
- Industrial zip straps
- USB cable
Visit the Alnitak Downloads page for the latest Quick Start Guide, Alnitak Installation Manual and Software Reference Guide, and Serial Command List.
The Flip-Flat is fully integrated into CCD Autopilot by using our command line program, AACmd. See CCD Autopilot’s Flip-Flat help page for full details. AACmd can also be used by scripts and batch files to automatically control the Dust Cover. See the Downloads page for additional details.