Optec's Perseus 4-port Instrument Selector allows the remote observatory user the ability to remotely select any of four instrument packages attached to their telescope.
Now in the third generation, Optec's Perseus Instrument Selector GEN3 is the latest in multiple instrument automation. Perseus GEN3 features both USB/Serial and Ethernet communications with iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphone control. With a reliable U.S. made stepper motor from Lin Engineering and completely redesigned control circuit, the Perseus is more reliable than ever. A hard mechanical stop ensures repeatable positional accuracy with each port. Optec's Perseus GEN3 Instrument Selector is the undisputed standard for multiple instrument clusters attached to any observatory class telescope.
There are four instrument ports - three 2-inch ports and one 3-inch port available with the Perseus. A large 3-inch (major diameter) diagonal mirror directs incoming light to any of the four available ports. The embedded circuit has a single push button interface for use at the telescope and Ethernet and USB/Serial interfaces for remote control. LED indicators show the currently selected instrument.
- Overall Height: 7.00" (178mm)
- Main Body Diameter: 4.25" (108mm)
- Weight: approx. 5 lb. (2.25 kg)
- Telescope Adapter: OPTEC-3600 Female Dovetail Mount
- Instrument Ports: Three 2-inch & One 3-inch
- Primary Port #1:
- Mechanical Interface: OPTEC-3600 Male Dovetail
- Clear Aperture: 3.0" (76mm)
- Back-focus usage: 4.5" (115mm)
- Recommended adapter: #17880 OPTEC-3000 3-inch receiver
- Secondary Ports #2, #3, #4:
- Primary Mechanical Interface: OPTEC-2400 Male Dovetail
- Clear Aperture: 2.1" (53mm)
- Back-focus usage: 4.3" (110 mm)
- Secondary Interface: Parfocal adjusting ring with OPTEC-2300 Receiver
- Clear Aperture: 1.9" (48mm)
- Back-focus usage: 5.0" to 5.5" (127mm to 140mm)
- Total Parfocal Travel: 0.5" (12.7mm)
- Mounting Options: M54x0.75mm, T-thread, SCT thread, C-mount.
- Control Interface: Push-button Selection
- Communications Interface: Ethernet, USB/Serial
- Software Interface: Perseus Commander with ASCOM and Alpaca drivers.
- Perseus Instrument Selector,
- One 3-inch Port 1 with cover,
- Three 2-inch Ports 2-4 with parfocal rings and covers,
- Optec USB/Serial communications cable, 6-ft. length,
- CAT-5e/CAT-6 Ethernet cable, 6-ft. length,
- 12VDC 1.25A power supply - 110-240VAC input,
- UL/CSA compliant wall plug cord,
- Tool kits including 0.050", 3/32", and 7/64" ball-drivers,
- Covers for OPTEC-3600 mounting interface,
- Pelican shipping and storage case.
The Perseus Commander software and ASCOM driver is available from our Downloads page.