Optec now offers a complete focusing rotator option for owners of Takahashi's legendary Epsilon 180 Astrograph. Gemini's Low-Profile Focusing Rotator, coupled with the #19843 and #19844 adapters provides a drop-in replacement for the native E180 focuser.
The #19844 adapter allows owners of the Takahashi Epsilon Astrograph to insert their field flattener directly into the Gemini. Proper spacing is maintained for the E180 Field Flattener with a recessed M68 thread. First screw the Field-Flattener into the #19844 adapter, then secure the FF/Adapter assembly into the Gemini drawtube. This sets the FF at the design distance from the primary mirror and maintains the 56mm back-focus available to the camera sensor.
- Gemini Focusing Rotator.
Camera Side Compatibility:
- Takahashi Epsilon 180 field-flattener.
- Inside Diameter: M68x0.75mm thread
- Outside Diameter: 4.80" (122mm)
- Overall Height: 0.62" (15.7mm)
- Clear Aperture: 2.66" (67.6mm)
- Weight: 6.8 oz (190 g)
- Back-Focus Usage: 0.25" (6.35mm)
- Telescope Side Connection: OPTEC-4300 male dovetail
- Camera Side Connection: M68 x 0.75mm female thread