Optec engineers have developed a low profile, yet extremely robust 3-inch focuser for telescope installations where back-focus is at a premium. With the width of a typical 1-1/4" eyepiece, the TCF-Leo provides a unique focusing solution for the Celestron EdgeHD and other telescopes with limited flange-to-focus distances. The proven FocusLynx control system is included with every TCF-Leo and can be expanded to provide control for a second focuser. The FocusLynx system includes optional 802.11 WiFi and Hand Control accessories.
The unique shape of the TCF-Leo is designed to fit neatly between the lock and focus knobs of the Celestron EdgeHD C-11 telescope OTA. With a center-to-edge distance of about 2.2-inches (55mm), the TCF-Leo works exceptionally well with Innovation Foresight's On-Axis Guider, providing clearance for large cameras and filter wheels above either of the flat edges of the TCF-Leo. Additionally, the TCF-Leo's 3600 receiver fits directly on to the large 3-inch port of the Perseus Instrument Selector for ultra-fine focus of a large format camera.
- Stepper Motor Control: bipolar and unipolar stepper motors,
- Resolution: 16-bit controller with 65,535 step range per focuser,
- PC Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, or optional 802.11 WiFi,
- Hand Control: Optional 2-button with Digital Read-Out,
- WiFi Connection: Optional 802.11b/g compatible,
- Second Stepper: Optional plug-in daughter board,
- Input Power: 12VDC univeral power supply (110 to 230VAC input),
- Alternative Power: Field battery voltage (13.8VDC) with optional automotive cigarette lighter plug,
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
FocusLynx Port Connections:
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser,
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket,
- Power: 12VDC input, 2.5 x 5.5mm plug, center pin positive,
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket,
- Hand Controller: RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord,
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included).